Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Dear Daughter


Through My Brown Eyes 365-Day Five 1
Through My Brown Eyes 365-Day Five 2
Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter! 
I only wish you would stop getting older because I'm getting older, too!

I am looking forward to spending time with my daughter later today as it is her 26th birthday! WOW! Where has the time gone? It is still so hard to believe that she is no longer a young girl but a gorgeous almost 6 feet tall woman. Yep, she's got a long pair of legs! Takes after her father because I'm only 5'5" and the shorty of the family. I feel like the kid! Not fair! But what can ya do?

Anyway, here is a card I made for my daughter. I totally love how this turned out. I know she always liked the colors of 'Magnifique', which is a paper pack from Close To My Heart so I wanted to use them. I found a leftover piece of random stamped cardstock that I had made quite some time ago and decided I wanted to use it for this card. So I built the card around that piece. The card is 5x7, which is a size I rarely make but I wanted to use as much of the random stamped piece as possible. I then dug out all the stamp sets I had that coordinated with the 'Magnifique' papers and went to work. 

Then for the sentiment inside the card, I started searching online for the right one that had just the right words I wanted. For all the info out there in cyberspace, that was a tough job! I know, hard to believe, right? I put out a call to sister Close To My Heart consultants as to where is the best place to find nice sentiments and got several suggestions (thanks ladies) but not what I was looking for. I was getting quite frustrated not finding what I wanted so I took a break from searching. After a few hours, it hit me! Duh, why not check the Hallmark website and bingo! There it was! The perfect sentiment for the inside of my card. Simple but very nice! I think she'll like the card, don't you?

Happy Birthday Keri! I love you with all my heart!

Only 360 days to go. Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Love the card Carol! I think that Peacock stamp is my all time favorite and you use it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!