Monday, September 19, 2011

My Second Favorite Drink

Through My Brown Eyes 365-Day Six
A couple years ago I discovered almond milk* and rarely ever drink regular milk anymore. I love the creaminess and smooth taste of almond milk and almost always drink the vanilla flavored one, unsweetened preferred. Sometimes my local store doesn't have the unsweetened, so I will go with the sweetened just so I can have my almond milk.
*Click on the link above and it takes you to a coupon for 55 cents off almond milk. Hopefully it's still a good one!


Almond milk is great on cereal but believe it or not, it is quite good as a substitute when recipes call for regular milk, although you wouldn't want the vanilla flavored one for something like macaroni and cheese. Works great with pancake and waffle batters though! No need to add additional vanilla extract because you know vanilla is the secret ingredient in my pancakes and waffles. Well, if you didn't know that, now you do! That's why my grandchildren LOVE my pancakes! ;-)

Next time you're food shopping, grab a container of almond milk, located in the organic aisle, and give it a try. Let me know what you think of it.

Speaking of food shopping...that is my next chore for today! Thanks for stopping in. See ya!

Only 359 days to go! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!