Saturday, October 22, 2011

Applesauce Update

ThroughMyBrownEyes365-Day39-1
 Thought I'd let you all know how the applesauce turned out yesterday. Well, let me just tell you...it was delicious! I can't understand why I haven't made applesauce in like forever because it is so yummy! And it really didn't take all that much time prepping the apples especially with my handy dandy apple peeler/corer/slicer that I totally had forgotten I had. Of course, I only used 8 apples, not a whole bushel full like I'm planning on buying tomorrow, hopefully, if and when I go to Milburn Orchards.

ThroughMyBrownEyes365-Day39-2
This is how much I was able to get out of the batch made with 8 Gala apples minus the bowlful that I ate as soon as it was done! Well, I had to try it, right? I have always preferred to eat applesauce a bit on the warm side so I totally enjoyed this! I can't wait to make more for freezing. I never knew applesauce could be frozen, did you?

Only 326 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!