Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baked Apple Chips

Through My Brown Eyes 365-Day 33
I found a recipe for homemade baked apple chips online this morning and wanted to give it a try. I am not totally happy with how they turned out but they're edible. I happened to have one Honeycrisp and one Red Delicious apple to try this recipe with so I went for it.

Luckily I didn't leave them in for the full 2 hours as some of them seemed to get burned a bit after one hour and 45 minutes although they didn't have a real burnt taste. Also the Honeycrisp slices seemed to hold their moisture more and didn't get quite as crisp as the Red Delicious slices. Maybe the Honeycrisp needs to be sliced thinner and the Red Delicious can be sliced a little thicker? I'll have to experiment more.

The best part about trying this recipe was the wonderful aroma while they were baking. The whole house smelled SO good! If you try this recipe, let me know how yours turn out.

Only 332 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!