Friday, October 21, 2011

Crockpot/Slow Cooker Applesauce

ThroughMyBrownEyes365-Day38
I bought more apples a couple days ago since Giant had some on sale so I thought I'd try making some applesauce in my slow cooker. I found an easy recipe here and decided to give it a try. I am using 8 Gala apples (I doubled the amount) and hope they work well for this recipe. They are in my slow cooker right now and smell SO good!

I didn't use any sugar as I try real hard to limit sugar in my cooking/baking but I did use cinnamon and vanilla for flavoring. If the applesauce ends up not tasting very sweet, I may add a bit of sugar.

ThroughMyBrownEyes365-Day38-2
I bought an apple peeler/corer/slicer many, many years ago but just don't ever remember using it for making homemade applesauce. I guess I must have though, otherwise why would I have bought the gosh darn thing, right? Okay, I'm getting old! Haha! Anyway, it's not very fancy and it wasn't super fast but it did do a pretty decent job so it saved me some time.

The apple peels come off in really cool strips and I'd love to try using them for something instead of just throwing them away. Has anyone ever tried using them in any kind of crafts? Maybe tie them into bows or something then dry them? Or wait until they dry then tie them? Help me out people! I don't want to throw them away just yet so I will give it more thought.

Only 327 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!