Saturday, October 15, 2011

A New Washer for Me!

I have been home now from my NY trip for a week and I am finally able to do laundry again! Yea! While I was out of town, hubby tried to be helpful by washing a load of his own laundry so that I wouldn't have a ton to do when I returned and guess what? He broke the washer! Well, I don't think he really broke it as it was getting old and on it's last legs anyway!

We started looking online for a new washer and found a great deal on this particular model by Maytag. I am a very frugal shopper and don't necessarily need all the bells and whistles on something new. No big deal to me! As long as it does it's job, I'm happy. We did, however, choose to purchase a High Efficiency washer in a Top-Load style rather than going with a Front-Load. I have visions (not very good ones) of someday needing to open the washer door while it's running and having water spill all over so I chose the Top-Load version.

I am so happy to be able to do laundry again. Yea, I know I'm weird! But not only can I do laundry again, I can also hang it outside to dry and that is the best part about doing laundry. Today is a perfect day for drying clothes outside as it is very sunny and windy so those clothes will dry in a very short time and I have saved on my electric bill in the process! Yea!

Only 333 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!