Monday, November 28, 2011

Altered Tumbled Tiles

ThroughMyBrownEyes365-Day76
I had some leftover tiles from a while ago and wanted to use them up. Although there were only 3 left, I do plan to pick up 1 more to make this an even set of 4 coasters. Here is what I did with them.

I cut 3 3/4 inch squares of scrapbook paper (this one is from the Wings paper pack by Close To My Heart) and Mod Podged them onto the tiles. These tiles are approximately 4 inches square. I waited for them to dry then applied another coat of Mod Podge on top. Again, waited for that coat to dry then added the butterflies (cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge from CTMH) on top with Mod Podge. Another coat of Mod Podge on top of the butterflies. Let that coat dry and applied yet another coat. After it dried really well, I then sprayed 3 coats of an acrylic matte sealer on top, waiting 15 minutes in between each coat. And voila! A beautiful set of coasters!

Know anyone who would like these as a gift? Let me know as they are for sale!

Only 289 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!