Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Tile Coasters

ThroughMyBrownEyes365-Day64-1
I wonder who the lucky recipient of these cool tile coasters will be? I made these for a Christmas gift for someone...just not sure who yet.

These coasters were very easy to make and you'll never guess where the design comes from. Okay, I'll tell you! The design comes from.....a party napkin. Pretty cool, huh?

I bought a pack of Christmas napkins at Giant the other day and thought they would be perfect for the tile coasters I wanted to make. The tiles are about 4" squares and when I opened up the napkin, it had 4 separate sections that could be cut down to fit each tile. The tiles came from Lowe's or Home Depot awhile ago and I'd been wanting to do something with them. This was a perfect idea!

I used Mod Podge to adhere the napkins to the tiles. I let them dry for a couple hours then applied another coat of Mod Podge on them. I then let them dry overnight then applied another coat of Mod Podge. Again, let them dry overnight then sprayed them with an acrylic sealer 3 times, waiting 15 minutes between coats. I cut squares of thin cork just a bit smaller than 4" and glued them to the bottom of each tile. I then tied them together with a red ribbon and they are ready to be given as a gift. How cool is that?

ThroughMyBrownEyes365-Day64-2

Only 301 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!