Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our Donation to Purple Heart

Throughmybrowneyes365-Day107
For the past few days, I've been going through the house cleaning out closets, cabinets and drawers in search of items to donate to the Purple Heart. I actually found a lot of decent stuff that we didn't use or need anymore. It's always a great feeling to know that it'll go to someone who really needs it or at least I hope that's where it goes.

Let me tell you what happened today with all this stuff we were donating. I happened to be looking out the window as the person who came to pick up our donation walked across our front lawn to the front porch. He picked up the 2 bags and the chairs and proceeded to walk to his truck where he literally just threw them to the ground. I was dumbfounded! 

He then came back to the porch and picked up the other 2 boxes, which contained fragile glass items, and picked them up. I was cringing as I was so afraid he was going to just throw them on the ground as well. But he didn't. He opened up the big truck door and then he threw them in! WHAT??? He tossed several other boxes around that were already in the truck in order to make room for the ones he took from us. I couldn't believe he was doing that! 

Had I known my donations were going to be treated that way, I would have taken them to a local charity where I knew they wouldn't have been mistreated. What will they do with the items that may have gotten damaged? They can't sell them! 

The Purple Heart asks for donations of gently used clothing and household items, including breakable items so why do the drivers just throw the stuff around? That particular driver, who worked for a trucking company, not the Purple Heart, just showed me how disrespectful he was of the military. Shame on him and he should be fired!

I immediately sent an email off to the Purple Heart to let them know how upset I was. I don't know if anything will be done about that driver but at least it made ME feel better to alert them to the situation. 

Only 258 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!