Sunday, February 26, 2012

Darn that Arthur!

throughmybrowneyes365-day166
Well, this is what you have to wear when you find out you have osteoarthritis really bad in your left thumb joint but you're right-handed! What's up with that? I guess I should be thankful it's NOT my right hand. Day to day activities would be even more difficult and painful.

No doubt it's partly due to heredity (thanks Mom & Dad), my 15 years as a grocery store clerk (which I walked away from over 3 years ago), many years of creating awesome cross-stitch projects (several of which still hang on my walls today), basket weaving (yep, did that, too and some are still in use), surfing the 'net (which I do every day), cardmaking (which I do just about every day), and my real true love of scrapbooking.

I guess I've been having way too much fun all these years and now my body is rebelling and letting me know I have to slow it down a bit. I don't think so! I can't give up all these activities that make me who I am and bring me so much pleasure so I will just have to make some minor adjustments and wear this weird looking contraption until the pain subsides. Wish me luck!

Only 199 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!