Monday, February 6, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

I found a couple really easy hummus recipes online a few months back and combined the two into my own recipe. I can’t remember where I got the original recipes and I apologize for that as I always do like to give credit where credit is due.

Hubby and I enjoyed this while watching the Super Bowl yesterday. Yea for the Giants! Although I’ve never been a huge Giants fan, New York is my home state so I had to support them! Anyway this is a very yummy recipe so I thought I’d share it with you. DSC09013

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 15-16oz. can garbanzo beans or chickpeas
  • 1/3 cup tahini
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2T extra virgin olive oil
  • dash of salt
  • dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
  • 1/3-3/4 cup roasted red peppers

Drain beans or chickpeas and rinse. Place garlic in food processor-pulse a few times. Add remaining ingredients, except red peppers, one at a time pulsing a few times between each until thick and chunky. Add cayenne pepper and salt to taste. Add red peppers and pulse until smooth and creamy.  Enjoy!

Only 219 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!