Monday, July 30, 2012

A Close To My Heart 'Dakota' Layout

Yea, my creative mojo has finally returned thanks to Big Picture Classes. I am taking another sketch class since the last one went so well for me and I really needed some inspiration to get the creative juices flowing again!

I think what I really needed though was a brand spanking new catalog & idea book from Close To My Heart to REALLY get me inspired. It worked!

Here is one of the first layouts I created with a new paper pack called Dakota. Now I am NOT a southern style country girl - think country boot-scootin' music and all that - but I do live kind of 'out in the country' (although it's very quickly losing it's country feel) so I do consider myself a country girl in that respect. Therefore, I found myself attracted to the Dakota paper pack - perhaps the colors grabbed me - and this is the result. I really do like it. Not sure what photos to put on it but I'm sure I'll find some eventually. I also threw in a few squares of the blue dotted paper from Dreamin', which is no longer available. The area where my name is, is actually where the photos will go. The Pacifica cardstock is just to show placement of the overlapping photos which will be 1 - 4"x3", 2 - 3"x2", and 2 - 1 3/4"x 1 3/4". I hope you like it!

Only 46 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!