Monday, August 13, 2012

I Made Some Yummy Sauce!

From these yummy homegrown tomatoes comes yummy homemade sauce so that was what I did today. Beginning around 10:00am and not ending until just after 2:00pm, I was in my kitchen making pasta sauce. 

I had a lot of plum tomatoes I wanted to use up plus some really ugly 'endless summer' tomatoes that didn't get very red on the outside but they did on the inside. Can't figure that one out but they worked quite well for making sauce. 
I added some garlic from our garden along with an onion, some green, purple AND chili peppers that we also grew in our garden and some delicious basil also grown in the garden this year. 

Believe it or not, in place of having to add sugar to the sauce, I threw a carrot (good sugar substitute) into the food processor along with a zucchini (great way to use up some extra zucchini) when I pureed the tomatoes, garlic, onion and peppers. 

After letting it simmer for quite some time, I then chopped up more green and purple peppers and a few mushrooms I had that needed to get used and threw them in the sauce as well as tons of herbs, spices and grated parmesan cheese. 

OH. MY. GOSH! It was the best sauce I've EVER made! Guess what I had for dinner? Yep, you guessed it - whole grain penne pasta with my fresh batch of sauce! Can I just say it was YUMMERS?! Wish I could share it with you but then again, that would mean less for me! Ha! 
Only 33 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!