Thursday, August 16, 2012

Yummy Southwest Omelet

I haven't shared any recipes here in a long time so I figured it was time for one. This was my breakfast this morning and it sure was yummy!

I found the recipe on the Dr. Oz website somehow when I clicked on a link about 5 minute microwaveable power breakfasts which was shared by The Cooking Mom.

I'm always looking for healthy recipes to help me stay on the slimmer side and this one sounded really good! According to 'someone' this southwest omelet is supposed to burn fat. Well, I didn't lose any weight today so I guess I need to eat it more often to give it time to work. Ha ha!

Doesn't really matter if it helps me lose weight or burn fat, it tastes so yummy I could eat it every day! Anyway, here's the recipe:

  • 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute, which is what I used) 
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 2 tbsp black beans (I didn't have any black beans but it tasted great without them. Maybe that's why I didn't burn any fat today!)
  • 2 tbsp chopped bell pepper (I used purple bells from our garden)
  • 2 tbsp low-fat cheddar cheese
  • 1 tbsp salsa
  • 1/4 of a sliced avocado
Beat eggs and water together in a microwave-safe plastic bag. Add beans, peppers and cheese. Seal the bag (don't squeeze all the air out first, just seal the bag) and lay it flat in the microwave. Cook for 1 minute or until the eggs are set. Carefully open the bag and slide the omelet onto a plate. Serve with salsa and avocado on top. According to Dr. Oz, the peppers and salsa in your southwest omelet contain capsaicin, a fat-burning compound that signals your brain that you're full. Let me know if you try the recipe and if you liked it or not!
Only 30 days to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!