Monday, April 29, 2013

Just Playing Today

I made these 2 layouts today while trying to decide whether to start sewing a dress for one of my granddaughters or work on some artwork. The artwork won! I had these beautiful photos that just kept calling my name for the longest time so I decided to put them on some layouts. Both of the layouts are quite simple in design but oh so nice, don't you think?  I hope you like them.


This one was created with an old paper pack from Close To My Heart called Mayberry. I still had some of the gorgeous papers left and wanted to use them up. I kinda, sorta followed the sketch below to create my layout. I found it on Pinterest awhile ago. If you know me personally, you know I never copy something exactly as it is. I like to put my own spin on it. ;-)


This next layout was one I created on my own - no sketch involved. I used some scraps of the Dakota papers from Close To My Heart and a couple current stamp sets that I really like - D1543 Country Born & the set from the C1553 Chantilly Scrapbooking Workshop kit. I also used the word 'Remember' from the B1421 Scrapbook Statements-Women stamp set on the pull-out journaling tag.


Okay, that's it for today. I hope to post the rest of the photos from the April Photo-A-Day challenge soon. I meant to post some a couple days ago and got side-tracked, which seems to happen to me a lot lately! Sorry! I promise to post them soon! 

Thanks for stopping by today! Make it a good one!

~Carol





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!