Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My One Little Word for 2014

I have decided to participate in this year's 'One Little Word' hosted by Ali Edwards. I have been wanting to undertake this project for a couple of years now and just decided yesterday to jump right in. I recently released or purged myself from a couple obligations so I am going to make time for this project and do the best I can to follow through the entire year. I know life will get in the way at times, as it should, but I will give it my all and see how it goes. If you would like to join in, it's not too late since today is the beginning of a new year and another year of 'One Little Word'. 


I have chosen the word purge for several different reasons and although it can be a violent word, I will not use it in that sense. After you read the definition of purge below, I think you'll see just how it can take on many meanings that pertain to everyday life and are non-violent. After a lot of thought, this is the word I have chosen and I believe it will fit me well this year. 

Here is the Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition of purge:

1purge

 verb \ˈpərj\
: to remove people from an area, country, organization, etc., often in a violent and sudden way
: to cause something to leave the body
purgedpurg·ing

Full Definition of PURGE

transitive verb
1
a :  to clear of guilt
b :  to free from moral or ceremonial defilement
2
a :  to cause evacuation from (as the bowels)
(1) :  to make free of something unwanted <purge a manhole of gas> <purge yourself of fear> (2) :  to free (as a boiler) of sediment or relieve (as a steam pipe) of trapped air by bleeding
(1) :  to rid (as a nation or party) by a purge 
(2) :  to get rid of <the leaders had been purged>
This is the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus definition:

purge

 verb

to free from moral guilt or blemish especially ceremonially <a day on which the faithful are expected to purge themselves of their sins through prayer and fasting>
Synonyms cleansepurgesanctify

Plan to follow me as I embark on this new adventure, if you wish. I hope to post at least once a month about my 'one little word'. Come back soon for my first post. 

Happy New Year! I hope you have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2014. Thanks for stopping by today!

~Carol



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!