Friday, January 10, 2014

One Little Word 2014 - Post 1

Here's the opening page for my One Little Word album that I am putting together. I had already had this page ready to go but was waiting for my album and page protectors to arrive from scrapbook.com before sharing anything with you. I am happy so far with how it's coming together. 

Let me just tell you something about myself - I am not always a serious scrapbooker, meaning that I like to be silly sometimes especially when it comes to pages about myself. Plus I take photos of ANYTHING and believe me, I mean ANYTHING as you will see if you follow me for the next year. 

One of the reasons I do is because it's just my husband and I now around here - kids have grown and left us, no pets anymore, no grandkids within 100 miles of us (which sometimes can actually be a good thing!) - just the two of us and we don't lead a real exciting life but we like it that way! So some of my scrapbook pages will be silly stuff and may even be a bit repetitive so if I bore you, I truly am sorry. 

Here's my quote page and my explanation for why I chose the word - PURGE. I'll share the quote with you but not why I chose it just because my hand is already hurting from typing. :( The right page is my response to four different questions posed by Ali Edwards specifically for this workshop. 

"Sometimes you've got to let everything go - PURGE yourself. If you are unhappy with anything....whatever is bringing you down, get RID of it! Because you'll find that when you're FREE, your true creativity, your true SELF comes out!
~Tina Turner

The left page here shows my intentions of how I will explore different ways or actions to invite my word into my life. The right page is a copy of my very first blog post about One Little Word that I shared with you yesterday. 

Here's a page about one of the first things I PURGED since beginning this endeavor - my sneakers! See, didn't I tell you I'm silly sometimes? How many people do you know who create scrapbook pages about sneakers? :)

Thank you for stopping by today. Make it a good one!

~Carol



6 comments:

  1. I love that word it means cleansing! Out with the old in with the new. I think it's going to be a great journey for you. and YAY! For silliness, life's too short to be a fuddy, duddy! See you at the OLW group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if scrapbook pages on sneakers are silly. I did a series of blog posts on the sandals I was thinking of taking on a trip to France. Or maybe it is silly, but then I love silly. I like what you've done with OLW so far. I look forward to reading more as the year progresses.
    Mindfully yours,
    ~Marilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilee! I am having fun so far and hope it continues! What is your blog address? I'd love to read your posts about those sandals. :)

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this post! I also love that you are silly makes for a very interesting read LOL.

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!