Thursday, June 5, 2014

4 on the 4th for June

It's time once again to share 4 photos that I took on the 4th of the month. I'm sure you're noticing lots of birds, huh? Well, these birds may not be too exciting to you but they are to me. They're Purple Martins!

If you know anything about me at all, you know that I am a bird lover and that Ron & I have been trying to attract Purple Martins for the past 3 years. This may be the year we get them - may being the operative word here since they have teased us the past 2 years by visiting several times but never staying.  ;(

We are very optimistic this year because they have really been hanging around the past couple days and checking things out closely while testing to see how easily they can zoom inside of whatever cavity they choose to nest in. I hope they are happy with their tests.

So, anyway here are 3 photos of the Purple Martins from yesterday and one photo of the horse farm across the road. I love how the morning sun shines on that barn! I admire it every sunny morning when I step out on my deck with my first cup of coffee of the day. Love the view!

Ok, that's it for now. I hope I haven't bored you with the bird photos and facts.

Have a great day!

~Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment as the best thing you can do for a blogger is to leave some love. Thank you!